"if you cant find the time to do something right first time - when will you find the time to do it right the second time "

Tuesday 19 May 2009

Drumtochty Challenge

Myself and Jayne took a trip to Drumtochty for the annual Drumtochty challenge last weekend. This was my third attempt and Jaynes first.

I made a schoolboy error at the start , In previous years all the big points have been over in Durris and it looked like it was possibly the way forward again. So off i went and 20 mins after the start i was up to my knees in bog. Pushed on and was having a good run of points till i could not find the one on Swanley hill. I wasted too much time looking for it and ran out of time to get some of the others i planned.

I returned to base to find Jayne smiling having racked up 630 points compared to my 700 by going a completely different way and having a more relaxed day than i. I had to really push my self taking the route i chose.

Jayne Came 1st female in the lead by 200 points !

I came second missing out on my second win by 50 points (exactly the number of points on offer on swanley hill...gutted)

There is always next year !

No comments: