"if you cant find the time to do something right first time - when will you find the time to do it right the second time "

Friday 16 May 2008

saved by the loosercruiser

riding the 20 or so km to monikie country park to go for a practice run with Jayne for a duathlon in a month , riding my fixie. turned past the cornkist and my rear wheel just randomly explodes (on a fixie thats terror inducing)

stops , realise i dont have a 15mm spanner for the bolted rear end (suggestions for a compact 15mm for storing on the bike from now on .....)

think ill patch it up , take tube out the tire to find it in three bits. Im a good mechanic but not even i can patch that

Jayne heads back to get the car. I start running in the road pushing my bike . and Along comes Sinky in the bus and offers me a ride into town. So i end up beating Jayne.

drove out and did the run anyway

No comments: